Amulets

The Evocation and Invocation of Angelic and Planetary Spirits.

Topic author
maranghello
Practicus

Amulets

Post#1 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:10 pm

Blessings All,

I was wondering about the experiences we may have had with making amulets, for example carving the sigil of venus on a copper disc in the hour and day of venus. Just as an example, I've never done it before, though I've read a lot about it. This method binds the planetary attributes to the object in question via hermetic principles, but no prayer/ritual is truly needed (varies from method to method). Therefore although it uses planetary attributes it cannot be considered Theurgy per ce, for it relies on the attributes of the planets, not in the intelligence of the given planets. (i.e.: Being constructed at a certain time and date and of a certain material will be under the influence of the given planet and therefore will recieve some of it's attributes, but no "conscious" "blessing" is given by a deity/daemon/entity by the request of the magician.)

Of course, on top of this the amulet can be "Theurgized" by adding a formal ritual to a specific Deity/Demon/Entity for added power.

Feel free to share your expiriences with Amulets for the enrichment of our comunity.

Blessings, MARANGHELLO
"He ought to be kind, generous and tolerant with his fellow men, but relentless and hard with
himself. Only such behavior will be followed by success in magic." - Franz Bardon

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login