Re: Salamanders

The Evocation and Invocation of Angelic and Planetary Spirits.

Topic author
Kaizer
Zelator

Re: Salamanders

Post#1 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:12 am

It's good that you are actually experimenting with evocation techniques. Do not let initial failures deter you from continuing your experiments. If we all quit the practice of evocation because of initial failures and setbacks, nobody would be practicing evocation. Now I'll give you some suggestions. You can take them or leave them. I'm a firm believer in setting the atmosphere for whichever entity you are trying to evoke. In your case it's a salamander. As you are setting up your ritual space,(triangle, circle, etc.) I like to set up a oil lamp with a colored chimney on it. In your case it would be red. Colored chimneys are hard to come by, but every time you walk into an antique store keep your eyes open for different colored chimneys eventually you get all the basic colors needed for planetary and elemental work. Any color you can't find you can make a box fram out of small diameter copper tubing and go around the four sides with colored cellophane, leaving the top and bottom open. Also it has to be big enough to not melt the cellophane from the heat of the lamp. You also want to burn a incense appropriate for the work you are doing. I can't remember what the incense is called, but I have a incense that when you open the jar it smells like a fire. Then when you put it on the coals, it REALLY evokes an atmosphere of fire, there's a dryness to the smell and everything about it makes you think of a very large bonfire. I'll try to go by the store where I bought it and find the name for you this weekend. This should help you with creating a physical atmosphere appropriate for the working.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login