Questions regarding first summoning

The Evocation and Invocation of Angelic and Planetary Spirits.

Topic author
Wayfarer
Neophyte

Questions regarding first summoning

Post#1 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:36 pm

Hi! I'm a newbie with a couple of questions. EDIT: Did I say a couple? I meant a lot.

So a short while ago, I tried summoning for the first time. I summoned Archangel Raziel using an incantation and seal I found here (pages 152 - 158). I used an LBRP before trying it out. I did it on a Thursday, because Raziel is associated with Chokma, which is associated with Neptune, and some astrologists said that latter shares Thursday with Jupiter. I stumbled on the incantation a few times (I kept reading it too fast), but the more times I kept reading it, the more I could feel his presence. The ritual was a success. Raziel appeared and answered my questions. He told me not to tell anyone what he shared with me unless he instructs otherwise; for good measure, I won't share what my questions were either.

However, there was something that I felt was odd. Not "bad", just curious.I noticed that the book says that any angel or demon is to be evoked into a crystal or glass receptacle and that they have specific physical appearances that reflect in them. I did not see anything, but I felt Raziel's presence all around me. I happen to be a medium, so I wonder if that played a factor in it.

Why didn't he appear in the glass receptacle? Did he choose instead to appear in an incorporeal form because I am a medium? Can angels/demons/spirits choose their own method of communication regardless of how the magician sets up the altar or invokes/evokes the chosen being? Or is this a case-by-case basis and there isn't one way an angel/demon/spirit can appear? Did I accidentally invoke?

What did I do wrong/right? Any advice would be appreciated!

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login