Evocation of Kamael according to the method of Trithemius

The Evocation and Invocation of Angelic and Planetary Spirits.

Topic author
ChronosSpeaks
Practicus

Evocation of Kamael according to the method of Trithemius

Post#1 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:51 am

Evocation of Kammael according to the Method of Trithemius.

I used the lamen and methodology described in Rufus Opus’s Angelic Grimoire so won’t go into the details of the ceremony. The only variance from the text is that I recited the 1st Enochian Key as a preliminary invocation to Deity. This has worked really well in the past.

I burned frankincense with a pinch of red pepper as the incense for the rite. I evoked Kammael to initiate me into the mysteries, power and virtues of Mars that are necessary for me to know at this time.

I use an obsidian sphere as my “crystal”. Most of the visions occurred in the black 3 dimensional space that opens up in my mind’s eye – I don’t see images in the crystal itself and use it solely as a focus.

There is a vision of flame bursting out and upwards towards me and an image of a winged figure ascending in power which reminded me of The Magus card in the Thoth Tarot. Visions of flame and a red, dusty surface. Then I am a soldier in a hot, arid desert and there is what looks like a ferocious, dark haired Roman centurion running towards me sword drawn. I feel that all too familiar feeling of trembling fear in my stomach and the gut feeling that I am not good enough, not strong enough, not equal to the other man in front of me and I panic.

Then I hear a voice which says “But he feels the same fear. What matters is to overcome and go forward.” Somehow this feeling that I am not alone in feeling this fear, that the other man rushing towards me to strike me down is no different from me, fills me with courage and I rush forward to meet him.

At this point the vision starts to become unclear and I begin to get tired. My back aches and I can feel numbness and cold creeping up my legs, but I am filled with a strong desire to see Kamael’s face. This will and desire becomes stronger as I sense a resistance pushing back. I push back harder willing this meeting to happen. I sense that this is the correct attitude to call on Kamael, not on your knees like a suppliant praying.

I am walking towards an enormous temple that seems situated in a crevice between two mountains made of sandstone. I push open the black iron doors with almost no effort although they look like are over 6 feet thick, and I enter a temple filled with gold, treasure and weapons that for some reason remind me of the spoils of countless wars. I sense that this is a temple, and although I cannot see the priests, I can feel the presence of dangerous, armed beings in the shadows on either side of the corridor I am in.

In front of me, at the end of the corridor, is a huge idol or figure with 6 jet black wings and multiple arms bearing weapons. It doesn't move but I know that it is alive. The idol reminds me of Kali for some reason and feels ominous and menacing and not particularly “Angelic”. But I take this to be Kamael and ask for initiation.

The next part is pretty boring and personal, but I leave the vision with a sense of power and an intuitive sense of what I need to do next. I feel that I need to balance the force of Mars inside me to move forward and I feel the desire to engage in arbitrary acts of will such as sitting absolutely still for a protracted and predetermined length of time, or austerities like reciting a long prayer from childhood whilst standing on one leg in a river. Moreover, I feel up to such tasks and the thought of them excites me whereas before even the thought of any such discipline would have made me weep bitter tears of more discipline, more obligation and the unfairness of it all.

Not bad work for a day off work.

I should day that, all the way through the vision, I got the strong sense that I should be calling on Samael not Kamael. I may try this name next time.

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login