Simple Evocation of Agiel

The Evocation and Invocation of Angelic and Planetary Spirits.

Topic author
Astar_Mundi
Magister Templi

Simple Evocation of Agiel

Post#1 » Sat May 17, 2014 11:50 am

Hello.

So this evening was a Saturday, and as I was already in a Saturnine mood without a date, I decided
to do a simple rite of Saturn.

Because I find the planetary spirit Zazel, Olympic spirit Aratron and the ruler Cassiel absolutely terrifying (half joking!),
I decided to invoke the Agiel for some help regarding wisdom - and possibly to help me gain some, or at least lose some folly...:D

First of all, I usually go through an Astral ritual in meditation, at one of the planet's generically ruled times during the day, say 3pm.

This is then followed by a light vegetarian dinner, a brief stroll in the nearby nature trail wherein I continue to meditate upon Saturn-like things, and then home to a purifying bath.

I have set aside the entire evening for the rite, so as to leave plenty of time.

At 9 o'clock I don a black robe and begin to prepare the temple.

(Note, all below things are traditional attributes associated with Cassiel, to give the ritual the specific feel of Saturn energy - even though it is Agiel I am invoking, he still falls under the banner so to speak)
(The ritual is extremely generic, pretty much a tacky Halloween version of the Arbatel's suggestions)

Preliminary purifications.

Banishing and Charging. (personal methods of these, can be interchanged with whatever you fancy etc)

Temple layout:

1. Black velvet triangle, wherein in sigil, drawn in black glitter on black card in a triangle (I know its bad...but its hard to see black on black otherwise) - Large black mirror made of glass on a stand inside the triangle.

2. 3 black candles around the sigil, lit

3. Lead skull on altar, altar covered in black and glow-in-the-dark plastic bats...Magician standing before the altar.

4. Lots of black rocks in loose tumbled form and also carved as small skulls, Onyx, Hematite, Obsidian, Rainbow Obsidian, Gold obsidian, Black Opal

5. Censer burning copious amounts of smoke with Myrhh and Patchouli

6. Some violets and what I believe to be Belladonna...kind of shrub with poisonous little shriveled black berry that smells awful

7. Some bones from animals I have found (found on the forest floor of nature)

And I'm wearing all black including robe.

At 10pm I begin to evoke him* (*basically straight out of the Arbatel, with his name and station used instead of for Aratron etc.)
Lights are off, only light in the room is charcoal and glow in the dark bats. I am kind of hiding behind my altar at first, but I stand to do the evoking words.

Agiel appears.

Discussion ensues, I identify him.

"Oh mighty Agiel, grand intelligence of Saturn.
Wilt though help this fool to become a wiser fool?"

"YES"

"What should I do? O mighty intelligence, pray tell me!"

"CEASE ALL FOOLISHNESS AND DEVELOP WISDOM"

"And do you have any suggestions for how I should do this?"

"YES. DEVELOP WISDOM BY PRACTICING THE OBSERVATION OF FOOLISHNESS AND THEN WISELY CEASING IT."

"So, see my blind spots and use effort to change them?"

"YES."

"But...I have no idea...I think I'm pretty wise! How can I have any flaws, weaknesses or foolishnesses!"

"THE MOST FOOLISH THING OF ALL IS THINKING ONE IS BEYOND FOOLISHNESS"

"Oh really! So I am not only not wise, I am also a fool?"

"IF YOU REALISED HOW MUCH OF A FOOL YOU ARE IN TRUTH, IN TRUTH YOU WOULD NOT BE HALF THE FOOL YOU ARE."

"Ummm...."

"USE YOUR SCRIBING OF KNOWLEDGE POWERS TO DIVINE YOUR BLINDNESS. USE YOUR POWERS OF FRIENDSHIP TO SEE THE TRUTH. ILLUMINE YOUR FOOLISHNESS. STOP IT. THAT IS THE FIRST PART OF WISDOM."

"And then..."

"THEN CALL UPON ME AGAIN, AND WE CAN SPEAK OF YOU BECOMING LESS OF A FOOL THAN YOU WILL BE THEN."

[Spirit seems his business is done, he begins to fade from my astral sight]

"Well, I thank thee Agiel, for visiting this current fool of a me! Good-bye!"

Closing rite.

Banishing rite.

Dismantle the temple.

Just thought I would share :)

Cheers.
Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est

Wholesome Adept Extraordinaire

This topic has 15 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login